News and Announcements
Mathieu Leduc, the 27 year-old MWSC alumni, had an amazing race and came in 4th (his personal best!) at the second-last race of the Cross Alps Tour and Canada Ski Cross! He will be back on Mt Washington to ski with our kids just after Christmas! Click here to read more: http://alpinecanada.org/news/2nd-place-for-simmerling-personal-best-for-leduc
We are very excited to have Coast Cutting & Coring Ltd’s support this year as a new Platinum Sponsor! A big thanks to them for their sponsorship!
Paul Francisty has been part of the Mt Washington Ski Club for 25 years. Paul and his wife Lorraine began their journey with the club when they signed their children Krystal, Matt and Kelsi up for the Nancy Greene Ski League…. The kids excelled and Paul jumped in with two feet, often dragging Lorraine’s feet in too. Paul’s biggest role in the club was probably that of registrar. He held this role forever, finally passing along his duties last season. But Paul was much more than registrar, he helped guide the club through both tough times and good times! He worked hundreds of races, became a TD (Technical Delegate) and has taken his love of the sport on the road volunteering at countless races from local zone races to World Championships and Olympic and ParaOlympic games! He is an ambassador of the sport and of Mt Washington Ski Club, a Marmot thru and thru and we can’t thank him enough for all he has done and continues to do! Congratulations Paul!
Hello to all U12 Families! We are so excited for the upcoming season! The snow has been amazing and it looks like there is more on the horizon.
As a quick introduction, Grace Bell, Regan McKeever and myself (Mike Hughes) will be helping coordinate the U12 All Mountain and Race Programs this season. We are all new to this role, but we look forward to meeting everyone in the coming months. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to talk to us in person or message us through ‘teampages’. We’d also like to give a big thank you to Jane Pegg for doing an amazing job of keeping people informed on everything that has been happening to date.
The most important information you need for the first weekend (January 7/8):
- Parent meeting and club social starting at approx. 2:30pm Saturday January 7th.
- Ski and gear swap January 7th (please see announcements on the main team page).
- Kids ski from 9:15 am to 2:45 pm with a 45 minute lunch. Please have your kids at the club cabin before 9:15 so that coaches can head out with their groups right away.
- Lunch is normally at 11:45; however, we often stagger lunches so that the club cabin doesn’t become overcrowded. Since our coaches need a lunch break too, we ask that parents meet their kids at lunch. U12’s, both Race and All Mountain, are allowed to eat downstairs. The downstairs is a kid only zone so the kids need to ensure they clean up after themselves and will be asked to take part in the group clean ups of the area.
- Two day athletes are also able to keep their skis and boots in the racks and on the boot drier etc.
More info can be found in the “New Family Information” (also posted in the announcements on the main page)
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Mike, Regan and Grace.