U12 - First Weekend
Hello to all U12 Families! We are so excited for the upcoming season! The snow has been amazing and it looks like there is more on the horizon.
As a quick introduction, Grace Bell, Regan McKeever and myself (Mike Hughes) will be helping coordinate the U12 All Mountain and Race Programs this season. We are all new to this role, but we look forward to meeting everyone in the coming months. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to talk to us in person or message us through ‘teampages’. We’d also like to give a big thank you to Jane Pegg for doing an amazing job of keeping people informed on everything that has been happening to date.
The most important information you need for the first weekend (January 7/8):
- Parent meeting and club social starting at approx. 2:30pm Saturday January 7th.
- Ski and gear swap January 7th (please see announcements on the main team page).
- Kids ski from 9:15 am to 2:45 pm with a 45 minute lunch. Please have your kids at the club cabin before 9:15 so that coaches can head out with their groups right away.
- Lunch is normally at 11:45; however, we often stagger lunches so that the club cabin doesn’t become overcrowded. Since our coaches need a lunch break too, we ask that parents meet their kids at lunch. U12’s, both Race and All Mountain, are allowed to eat downstairs. The downstairs is a kid only zone so the kids need to ensure they clean up after themselves and will be asked to take part in the group clean ups of the area.
- Two day athletes are also able to keep their skis and boots in the racks and on the boot drier etc.
More info can be found in the “New Family Information” (also posted in the announcements on the main page)
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Mike, Regan and Grace.