Dear MW Ski Club members,
Thank you very much to all of you who participated in the AGM on Saturday, September 25th. And big thanks to those who offered to continue to support the club as coordinators, timers, executive members etc and those that put their name forward to fill open positions.
The full meeting minutes to the AGM are attached to this email. Briefly:
1. Financials – 2020/2021 financial statements were approved and there will be an inflationary increase in fees for the upcoming 2021/2022 year.
2. Registration - Registration will open October 4th for returning families and a week later for waitlisted families. You will be receiving a link next week for registration. Please DO NOT share this link with non members/waitlisted families. They will receive a different link for their registration a week later.
3. Coordinators - The club’s success depends on the many volunteer hours that parents donate to the club and we’ve had the good fortune to have dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers who work together to get things done. However, there are still positions needing volunteers and several positions need a replacement. The following coordinator positions are available:
4. 40th Anniversary Committee: This year marks MWSC’s 40th year of operation and we are planning numerous events to commemorate and fund raise to ensure continued success of the club. Some of the events are dependent upon the BC Public Health Office (PHO) and Mt. Washington Covid 19 guidelines but the following initiatives are in the process of being organised:
· 40th Anniversary Ski wear – goggle socks, buffs and ball caps (available soon!)
· 50/50 draw
· Club race weekend – Past members vs current members
· Poker night, Rib night, karaoke night
· Movie Night- Faction films latest video screening
· Sat March 19th, 2022 - tentative date for dinner bash and silent auction
Any fundraising suggestions are welcomed and please consider sitting on the 40th Anniversary Committee to help reach our goals. More information about this committee to
5. Club operations: The primary goal for this year is to be safe while maximizing time on snow and training. Currently, the decision is to keep the club cabin closed like last year. However, the Executive will provide an update closer to the start of the ski season based on PHO, Via Sports, BC Alpine and Mt Washington guidelines. Coach level will be open for coaches.
6. Training Schedule
· 4 hour programs – based on April 2021 survey results
· U10 (ages 6-9) Nancy Green - 9:15am to 1:00pm
· U12 - U16 Race 9:00am -1:00pm
· U12 and U14 All Mountain - 9:15am-1:00pm
7. Election of Executive Board – Big thanks to Keir Graaten and Jason Lefevre who have stepped up to replace outgoing members, but we still need someone to take over the Secretary position from Mary Sue. Thank you, Jason Henneberry (Registrar), Ross McKeevor (Treasurer) and the ever steady and industrious Hugh Hart (Alpine chair) for your time spent on the board.
The Executive board voted in on Saturday was as follows:
· President: Spencer Russell
· Past President: Jason Henneberry
· Vice President: Mark Law
· Treasurer: Jason Lefevre
· Registrar: Keir Graaten
· Secretary: MarySue Henneberry
· Alpine Chair: Ryan Williams
And finally, I’ve attached a Ski Club Board and Coordinator Contact List for your use in upcoming 2021-2022 season.
All the best,